Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is my first attempt to blog. I can be internet challenged so please be patient with me.

I'm always on the hunt for pristine vintage linens, especially pillowcases, as I upcycle them into adorable little girl's dresses. Gave some for Christmas presents and had such a good response I thought I'd open up a shop on Etsy to sell them and other items I enjoy making.

Vintage pillowcases with intact tatting (the crocheted portion at bottom) and embroidery is so hard to find! Am looking into taking a class to learn this art form to do myself - if I can find the time that is. I already know how to do the basic embroidery stitches, in fact, the picture of the kitty and flowers at top of this blog is a pillowcase I embroidered back when I was a teenager (some 40 years ago).

No comments: