Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vintage Sheet Lady's Top


I have been so busy caring for my Mom this past month, but did get a chance to complete a custom order for one of my favorite customers...a vintage sheet lady's top! Yes, it's just like the little girl's pillowcase dress style but made from a sheet. Not that she is big mind you, it's just that my lady's pillowcase tops only fit up to about a size 4 and how many of us are that small? Right? So here it is. I made, as a surprise to her, a matching baby dress out of the corner of the fitted sheet. Turned out super cute! Here's a picture of both...

6 comments:

Angela said...

It is REALLY cute! I bet it is cool and comfy too!

Warm Hugs Design said...

Thanks Angela. She tried it on at market today and it fit great. It is roomy so very comfy! I'll see if I can get a pic of the baby dress too for the blog.

BTW, your Wednesday post cracked me up!

Warm hugs,
Pam

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

This is very sweet! Great idea using a vintage sheet so that you can make these pretty blouses to fit larger sizes.
Patricia :o)

Warm Hugs Design said...

Hi Patricia! Yes, being a full sized lady myself, it is important to give more choices in sizes. Next Spring I hope to make some lady's VS (vintage sheet) dresses too - much like the pillowcase dresses I do for little girls. Would be so cool and comfy.

Now off to make some VS quilts for Fall...

Warm hugs,
Pam

Heather Grow said...

So true. Last year I tried to try on a pillowcase dress to see if it would fit and I got stuck!

Your dresses and tops are so cute. Thanks for sharing on the Vintage Sheet Blog link up party.

Unknown said...

So cute, I bet it is super soft and comfy to wear!