Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Toni's Vintage Chenille Baby Blanket



One of my favorite customers at the farmers market saw my little bear pillowcover I made out of a vintage chenille baby blanket and loved it! You can see a photo of the bear pillow cover on an earlier post below... Anyway, the following week Toni brought in her baby blanket and wants me to make her a pillow cover and some bibs out of the vintage material! I tried to talk her out of cutting up this blanket as it is in great shape for being from 1957. She insists - wants to make some things for her grandchildren.

Watch for a later post - I'll show how the custom items turn out. Even though my photo is a little dark of the full baby blanket, isn't it just dang cute?!!!!

2 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

ever so cute, I have not seen that one before

Warm Hugs Design said...

Hi Jan,
Me either. I'm having such a hard time starting to cut this one up. It has a small hole near the bottom and just a few small stains, but other than that in such good condition. You know me - I don't cut up good vintage linen...just use the "cutter" materials. Ah this is going to be hard!

Warm hugs,
Pam